FAQs & Disclaimers
UPDATED APR 2021
Booking more than 1 person in
Change quantity as needed on the top right of the booking form before selecting your date. Please note this will mean you both have the same skate size selected. Email us if you need different sizes
Personal Injury Waiver:
– I HEREBY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN A ROLLER SKATING CLASS
– I acknowledge the risks that are present when roller skating and assume all personal responsibility to personal injury. I certify that I’m physically fit enough to take part in roller skating and that I have not been advised not to by a medical professional.
– I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during this activity or event.
– PHOTOGRAPHY: I understand that at this or related activities or events, I may be photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the activity or event holders, producers, sponsors, organizers, and assigns.
– OUTDOOR CLASSES: We will do our best to keep you safe but you understand and acknowledge that outdoor classes may be more risky due to uneven surface, pebbles and weather.
– I understand Hey Macarena nor the venue provide protective gear. Please bring whatever you feel comfortable skating in. Wrist guards are recommended for your first time. You can get gear from your closest skateboarding shop, North Beach or other skate shops.
Auckland Skate Hire from Crazy Eights Roller Skates can now be purchased with your class by ticking the “Skate Hire addon” tick box before selecting the date. You will be charged $7 extra for this. If you select a skate size but you don’t select the $7 add on, you will be charged separately for skate hire on the card you used to book your class.
Wellington Skate Hire
Wellington Skate Hire will be charged at $5 from January 1st 2022. This can be purchased with your class by ticking the “Skate Hire addon” tick box before selecting the date. You can pick your skate size on the day
You can now reschedule your own class or event from our website or from the email confirmation up to 2 hours before the class or event. We will not reschedule your class or event for you unless we have to reschedule because of COVID levels. We do not offer refunds for cancellations. If you cancel your class or event, you are forfeiting your pass. Rescheduling is subject to availability.
10 Pass Refund Policy
We no longer offer 10 passes. Please collect a loyalty card at your first class and collect 10 stamps (WLG only). You are not entitled to a free class if you do not get all the stamps.
No refunds on 10 passes for change of mind or if the times no longer work for you. Classes are subject to change at any time with 2 weeks notice minimum. Notice will be given on our social media channels and on our newletter. Passes are non-transferable and not able to be sold on. If you get injured, contact us to extend your expiry date.
In case of lockdown, your class or event will be rescheduled to a new date. You are not entitled to a refund. You can reschedule classes yourself from the new confirmation email if the new date does not suit. If you cancel your class or event, you forfeit your class and you’re not entitled to a refund.
COVID Health and Safety
– Social distancing recommended but not required
– Masks are encouraged but not mandatory